Skip To Main Content

Header Holder

Canvas Menus

Horizontal Nav



Image of Algonquin Middle School

Opened in 1954 as Algonquin Junior High School, additions built in 1965 and 1971.

Algonquin Junior High's name was changed to Algonquin Middle School in the mid-1990s.

old schoolhouse

Photo circa 1960s

Aerial view of Algonquin Jr. High School and the Villas subdivision, school at lower left, photo taken 1955

open since 1954

All of the historical information of the CCSD62 schools was generously provided by the Des Plaines History Center. 

Go to their website below to learn more about Des Plaines history!

Des Plaines History Center Website

Students Martha Chmura and Steven Ritz at the Algonquin Jr. High School winter dance, December 20, 1989